The service Naprawmyto.pl allows its users to report problems in public space, observed in the immediate vicinity.
Many things annoy us in our immediate environment - hateful graffiti that we pass on our way to work, a hole in the sidewalk that we bump into every now and then or a broken timetable at the bus stop near our house. Most of these problems we won't be able to solve by ourselves - we don't have the necessary means or time, and it's hard for the commune authorities to notice them because they are often minor problems. How much easier it would be if after noticing such defects you could immediately report the matter to the appropriate person in the municipal office. We believe that many issues that annoy us on a daily basis can be resolved very easily. This does not require a petition, but rather an efficient cooperation and dialogue between the authorities and the citizen.
This is why the service NaprawmyTo.pl was created. It makes the work of local governments and the lives of citizens easier. The service FixmyTo is a promise made by the local government to the inhabitants of the municipality that each issue will be dealt with quickly and fairly, and if nothing serious will stand in the way, the problem will be solved. Let's Fix It is also a commitment to the citizens, which does not allow them to complain idly, but gives them the opportunity to fix the environment. In this way the resident gets things done quickly, and the local government knows what problems the residents are facing and can more easily meet their expectations.
The idea to create the service NaprawmyTo.pl was born on the basis of applications submitted by non-governmental organisations to the Stefan Batory Foundation under the "Democracy in Action" programme. Under the patronage of the Foundation and with the coordinating support of the Unit for Social Innovation and Research "Shipyard", more than a dozen organizations from all over the country decided to work on the creation of a common IT tool for mapping problems in public space, which could be located in subsequent communes. The main sources of inspiration for the service were the websites: FixMyStreet.com and SeeClickFix.com, which are very popular worldwide.
The service NaprawmyTo.pl allows its users to report problems observed in their immediate environment. The primary function of the service is to report various types of problems in public space, inform about these problems the relevant institutions, browse and search for alerts from the nearest area.
The service can be used by residents and local governments. For residents, reporting an event is very simple:
- Noticing a problem relevant to us or our community.
- Report the problem that hurts us through the portal along with a description of the situation and the location of the event.
- The ability to follow the progress of the issue online.
- Fixing the problem that hurts the residents.
From the perspective of the local government the process is as follows:
- The local government receives the notification through the system.
- It redirects them for implementation to appropriate departments or companies.
- Monitors the progress of problem repair through notifications and alerts in the system.
- Provides information about the repaired problem to the residents who reported the situation.
- Adding alerts: to add an alert, select the appropriate location on the map, drag the alert marker onto the map, complete the alert description, and specify the reporting category. You can also add to the alert a picture of the reported failure from your computer.
- Move to a selected location on the map: the map automatically detects the user's location and adjusts the view to it - just click the "Locate with IP/GPS" button. If the user is in the process of adding an alert and wants to change its location, simply click on the alert marker and hold it and move to the appropriate location.
- Assigning an alert to multiple categories: Each alert in the system can be assigned any number of categories from the list uploaded to the system.
- Marking an alert as outdated: The user can report in the system that the issue has been fixed by clicking on the appropriate icon on the alert subpage. After verifying the report, the maintainer of the municipality will be able to close the report and then the alert will change its status to "fixed", "in the process of being fixed" or "will not be fixed".
- Information on where the alert has been delivered: On the subpage of each alert there is a field with information on which institutions the alert has been delivered to. This means that the institutions listed received the alert notification message at the email address provided. Most institutions whose addresses are stored in the database of the service receive notifications about subsequent notifications once a day. If the alert subpage does not display such a window, it means that a given category of problems has not yet been assigned to the responsible institution in the indicated area. However, such an alert is added to the service database and is displayed on the alerts map.
- Anonymous reporting of alerts: All anonymous alerts go on the map only after approval by the maintainer of the respective municipality. If the Municipality Supervisor does not approve or remove an anonymous alert, it will automatically go on the map after 72 hours.
- Database of all alerts: Any service user (logged in and not logged in) can search the database of alerts added so far at the individual municipality level. The search is done by displaying in the map window the alerts selected by their status - selecting the appropriate alert status type in the list above the map (open, under repair, repaired, which will not be repaired) and the category of notifications - selecting specific alert categories from the drop-down list on the right side of the map. Alerts can be searched at the individual municipality level.
- Details of a particular alert: Each alert added to the site has its own sub-page. It can be accessed from the map by clicking on the point that marks the location of the alert. On the report subpage you will find details of the issue entered while adding the report (location, description), date and status of the report, information about who reported the issue and which institutions received the message about the report. Every logged in user can add his comment under the report. On the alert subpage there are also buttons to support the alert and subscribe to notifications about it (for logged-in users).
- Information about the fate of the reported alert: Logged-in users can subscribe to notifications about changes in the status of selected alerts - a feature that sends e-mail messages about changes in the status of a notification.
- Commenting on alerts: Any registered user can comment on all alerts on the site using the form available on the alerts subpages.
- Watching areas: Each registered user can create any number of observation areas. An area covers a limited part of space which can be subject to particular observation within the service i.e. a user will receive e-mail notifications about all the notifications registered within this area. Creating an area is possible on the user's profile page in the observed areas section. Area boundaries can be freely defined by the user, in the form of a polygon marked on the map. To create an area, zoom in on the map to a selected location and click on it in at least 3 points - the points connected by lines allow you to move the borders of the polygon, which will define the area's borders. An area is private - it is visible only to its creator. The user can give the area any name. Each area can be deleted or its name and borders can be edited.
Thanks to the service FixmyTo.pl a total of 54603 problems have already been solved! We believe that the introduction of this project is the first step to build social trust, which is so much needed in Poland. Our dream is not only to beautify Polish cities, but also to build a civil society, by showing residents and local governments that cooperation pays off for both sides.
They delivered a high quality website that exceeded expectations. Their responsive and professional team met the requirements in a very short time.
The application allows you to track the position of technicians who are supposed to visit a list of points designated by managers at a given time.
An application that enables electronic meter reading without replacing it with an IoT model.
Retail Machine Learning
An innovative solution for temperature reading on cooling equipment using Machine Learning.